Salida Municipal Election
November 5, 2019
The voters of Salida were to elect a mayor, one council member in each of its three wards, and a city treasurer. The deadline for candidates to file petitions to run for these offices was Monday, August 26, 2019. (See notice.)
When the filing deadlines passed, only one candidate had declared for each of the five offices to be filled by election this November. With no contested offices on the ballot, Salida City Council cancelled the election at its meeting of September 3, 2019. As a result, the following five candidates will be declared elected:
- Mayor – Incumbent Mayor PT Wood is reelected to a second two year term.
- Council Ward 1 – Incumbent Council Member Jane Templeton, who was appointed to fill the seat vacated by the resignation of Rusty Granzella, is elected to a four-year term.
- Council Ward 2 – Mike Pollock is elected to a four-year term to fill the seat of retiring Council Member Cheryl Brown-Kovacic.
- Council Ward 3 – Alisa Pappenfort is elected to a four-year term to fill the seat of being vacated by Council Member Mike Bowers who is term limited.
- City Treasurer – Merrell Bergin is elected to a four-year term as Salida City Treasurer.